Ok, so your wedding planning is chock full of appointments, tastings, try-ons, and always thinking five steps ahead — we get it. But wouldn’t it be nice if you could be…6 steps ahead? Let us help you knock one more thing off your to-do list: your wedding hair + makeup. Two of our WCB consultants, Gianna and Megan, visited St. James Salon to learn more about the process and get a little taste of the WCB’s new hair + makeup trial service. Our friend Lauren Durling from STJ shared some excellent tips + tricks for planning your look.
When to book: Ideally, a bride would book her HMU for her wedding day far in advanced to reserve the day and book their trial at some point before then. Lauren recommends a trial appointment 3-6 months before a wedding — far enough away where it’s out of sight, out of mind, but soon enough for you not to change your mind.
You do you! Find your look. Some brides know what their whole look is, while others find the dress first and let that tell the rest of story. Whichever path is yours, own it and collect some inspiration. We say narrow it down to 2-3 makeup inspo pics and 2-3 hair inspo pics.
Headpieces? Veils? Although it seems like it’s best to have your veil and accessories picked before your hair style, STJ actually recommends figuring out the look you want and then find the right pieces. i.e. the boho bride that wants a braid and a flowers in it shouldn’t be trying to fit a long veil over it all!
Easy tips for a great appointment (brides + bridesmaids!):
- Come with clean, dry hair + a clean, moisturized face for your appointment — it allows your stylists to spend more time styling instead of washing.
- Wear white (or whatever color your dress is)
- Wear a top with a similar cut as your dress (sweetheart, V-neck, etc.)
Consultant Gianna getting all made up + learning about the products STJ uses
Don’t worry, we’ve got it handled
We’ve got some big news guys… We’re partnering with St. James Salon to offer our brides an exclusive hair + makeup trial service in our shop.
Every third Thursday of the month, our friends from St. James Salon will come into the shop to help our brides find their look for the big day, at a discounted rate of $135 (20% off!)** Think of it as a two-for-one kind of special, where you figure out your hair + makeup while in your actual wedding dress to make sure it’s everything you want.
What to expect:
- Have a one-on-one consultation with a stylist from STJ to trial your hair + makeup.
- With the help of our bridal stylists, find your accessories from veils, head pieces + more during our monthly Accessory Trunk Show (conveniently on the same Thursday!)
- Try your WCB dress on with your new-do to see the whole look!
- Save money + check one more thing off your list 🙂
July 21, 2016
August 18, 2016
September 15, 2016
This offer is by appointment only. Please contact Wine Country Bride to reserve your spot! email@example.com or 707-544-3695 ext 1
**We recommend this service to brides who have already found the gown at WCB but still need finishing touches.